In general, organic rice is produced without modern synthetic pesticides and chemical fertilizers. From beginning to end, the process needs to follow a clear step-by-step system in order to receive proper certification. However, in Cambodia, only some areas in the country have the right potential soil to grow organic rice: Ratanank Kiri, Battambang, Pursat, Mondol Kiri, Preah Vihear, Kompong Speu, Kampong Chnang and Takeo provinces.
The process of organic jasmine production is similar to the Jasmine rice (Click her to read the whole process of Cambodian Jasmine Rice production: http://amrurice.com.kh/kh/2021/09/12/cambodian-jasmine-rice/) , but with the strictly and properly on such standards for organic agriculture of which the most important aspects are:
- No use of disallowed substances like artificial fertilizer or chemicals (herbicides, pesticides, insecticides, fungicides)
- Maintenance and improvement of soil-fertility by an appropriate crop rotation, use of animal excrements, green-manure and cultivation of legumes
- Control pests and diseases by natural ways and control weeds by hand or mechanically
- Use of organic propagation material
- Avoid contamination of fields and products with disallowed substances.
- Label the certified products correctly as organic or under conversion to organic.
Besides the standard of quality that have been amplified by the quality control company so called as the external quality inspector, Amru Rice has been working years in providing the capacity training to the involved farmers, and staffs in order to ensure the quality of organic rice.